Jiwa Organic Quinoa- 1 cup, cooked
- Olive oil-¼ cup
- Garlic- 1 tsp
- Dried mint- 2 tbsp.
- Lemons- 3-4
- Onion-¼ cup
- Tomato-¼ cup
- Capsicum-¼ cup
- Basil leaves- few
- Tomato paste- 1 tbsp.
- Mexican seasoning- 2 tbsp.
- Red kidney beans- ½ cup, pressure cooked
- Sweet corn- ½ cup, boiled
- Mexican peppers- 2-3
- Lettuce- few leaves, loosely torn
- Cherry tomatoes- handful- halved
- Avocado- 1
- Salsa- 2 tbsp.
- Paprika- to taste
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil, add in 1 tsp of Garlic and toss. Add in 2 tbsp. of dried mint, and give it a quick mix.
- Next add in a cup of Organic Cooked Quinoa, some salt and a generous squeeze of lemon. Cook for a minute or so.
- Add the Organic Cooked Quinoa to a bowl and in the same pan add another spoon of oil.
- Add in a quarter cup chopped onions, tomatoes, capsicum, some basil and sauté. Add in a generous spoonful of tomato paste, 2 tbsp. of Mexican all spice, and toss well.
- Finally add in ½ cup cooked kidney beans, and season with some salt and paprika. If needed, add in a tbsp. of water.
- When the beans are done, plate them next to the quinoa, and oil the pan for our next element- the sweet corn. In goes some oil again, just a bit this time- and then some basil, chilli flakes, and boiled sweet corn- about ½ a cup
- Season with some salt, and roast on high flame. Also add some Mexican peppers in one corner of the pan to roast.
- On the side, mix a quick salad - Some torn lettuce, sliced onions, halved cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, pinch of salt, and a crush of pepper.
- Plate all the elements in a bowl.
- Top with fresh salsa, some sliced avocado, and a lemon wedge!
Check out the recipe of quinoa biryani and quinoa chaat